QSR, Fast Casual & Casual Dining Advertising Dashboard: Performance of Breaking Ads – January 2022
January 26, 2022
Leveraging the insights from one of Phoenix’s 20+ category-specific advertising dashboards, we’ve rounded up the performance of recent breaking ads within the QSR, Fast Casual & Casual Dining category:
QSR & Fast Casual Highlights
- Wendy’s returns to the top with their ad “You Do You” and an AdPi score of 150. Most notable of this ad’s performance was their Branding, specifically Brand Recognition, which comes as no surprise, given the multiple brand cues and branding shown throughout the ad. The only ad in this month’s lineup to beat out Wendy’s for Branding was McDonald’s with “Free Fries Friday.”
- Burger King comes in as first-runner up this month, barely beating out both of McDonalds’ ads with AdPi scores of 143 and 142, respectively. “Two is Better Than One” delivers solid Creative Efficiency across the board, specifically for Product Presentation and Brand Connection.
Back to Explore
Casual Dining Highlights
- Olive Garden takes the win for Casual Dining for the third month in a row with “I’ve Got My Love to Keep Me Warm” with an AdPi score of 150. This cozy ad made us all want to cozy up with a bowl of pasta, coming in strong for Product Presentation by showing high-quality food items and a restaurant that is welcoming and friendly.
- Never far behind with an AdPi score of 148 is IHOP with “Eat Your Heart Out,” which delivered the highest scores of the group within In-Market Potential, or the ad’s ability to drive consideration and action from consumers. Their Product Presentation also goes toe-to-toe with Olive Garden with identical scoring, and who could blame them with that giant stack of pancakes as their Call to Action?
For a complimentary breakdown of your ad’s performance, including in-market potential (persuasion & net action) and creative performance (branding, creative efficiency, & verbatims), please fill out this form:
Improved Understanding of “What” and “Why” Behind Your Advertising Performance
Phoenix’s dynamic advertising dashboard allows brands to gain ad messaging effectiveness insights for themselves and their competitors.
This dashboard provides:
- A standard approach for evaluating relative creative performance for brand and competitive ads, regardless of channel or level of finish.
- One summary metric to understand the relative potential for an ad to activate consumer response such as seeking more information or purchasing.
- A category-specific roadmap for developing a “successful” ad that ultimately has a high likelihood of activation.
- Detailed diagnostics of creative performance across creative attributes underlying roadmap “drivers”.
- Measures the potential for ads to “lift” consideration and activate a response.