advertising Case Study
Cross-Channel Advertising Impact on Brand Positioning
The Client's Situation
Our client, an international sports network, wanted to test the effectiveness of a cross-channel advertising campaign of one of its advertisers and sponsors during the 2014 FIFA World Cup.
Specifically, they were looking to understand the impact of advertising and promotional initiatives on its brand, the message the advertisements conveyed, whether or not brands that advertise on the World Cup benefit from greater perceived recall and engagement, and which brands were considered to be associated with the World Cup/Soccer.
Approach + Solution
The survey explored the following issues:
- Unaided and aided awareness of World Cup sponsors
- Sponsor “fit” with the World Cup
- Messaging associated with the sponsor’s ads and sentiment towards the ads
- Call-to-actions taken as a result of the ad
- Brand lift associated with sponsoring the World Cup and its ads
- Purchase intent for the sponsor’s product
In addition, we found that those who viewed our client’s network reported more favorable scores across brand and advertisement key performance indicators than did non-viewers.